Spring Concert Information 2018
Who: Jazz Two and Jazz One (1st and 7th Period Jazz Bands)
What: Spring Concert
When: Monday, May 14th 7:00pm
Where: NPHS Performing Arts Center
Dress: All students should wear their performance clothes that you wore for FBA Jazz MPA earlier in the year.
Tickets: $5 for adults, $3 for students, under 6 FREE. PLEASE ARRIVE AT 6PM TO GET YOUR TICKETS AS THERE IS USUALLY A LONG LINE! We want to start the concert on time
I have complimentary ticket vouchers available if there is financial hardship- this is a fundraiser for the band all money collected goes to benefit the band! If vouchers are needed please have your student come to me ASAP so that EVERYONE can come and enjoy the concert!!
Monday, May 14th
6:00pm- Ticket booth opens. They take cash or credit. Please plan to arrive early because there is usually a line. If you have ticket vouchers please turn them in for an actual ticket at this time.
6:30pm- Jazz Two report to Bandroom for Warm-up (House Opens for audience)
7:00pm- Concert Begins (Jazz One report to PAC audience area)
- Jazz Two Performance
o How High the Moon
o A Night in Tunisia
o Green Onions
o Welcome to the Jungle
7:30pm- Jazz One Performance (Jazz Two report to PAC audience area sit where Jazz One was sitting.)
- Riding on a Blue Note
- Moon over Cuba
- Cotton Club Stomp
- Body and Soul
- Chelsea Bridge
- A Mis Abuelos OR Sandunga
8:15pm(approx.)- End of Concert
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PLANNING:
1. Please note arrival times- I have staggered them to help with crowding in the bandroom. Rhythm section should plan to get there a little early to make sure everything is set correctly for the concert.
2. Jazz Two should warm up and tune on your own in the bandroom at 6:30pm I will bring you to the stage a few minutes before your performance.
3. Jazz One should report to the PAC audience area- sit together in the “stage right” front section of seats- sit all together. It would be great if you could all be there to support Jazz Two! Please make your way into the bandroom to warm up and tune on your own about 10minutes before your performance time. We will all go together to the stage for your performance.
4. After each band plays they will “rotate” to the audience. Jazz Two will sit in the “Stage Right” front seating area where the Jazz One was sitting.
5. Everyone is expected to stay for the whole concert. If you need to leave early, please let Dr. Bradley know in advance- we have all worked hard for this concert and we all deserve a great audience! For full credit for your performance, please turn in a concert program with your name on it. You will need to do this personally (hand it to Dr. Bradley on stage after the concert).
6. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE YOUR PERFORMANCE CLOTHES I CANNOT ALLOW YOU TO PERFORM AND IT WILL COUNT AGAINST YOUR GRADE. Everyone should have proper performance clothes since this is the last performance of the year.
7. Tickets are $5 for adults, $3 for students, 6 and under FREE. We charge admission as a fundraiser for the band. All proceeds go to support our band program. I DO NOT WANT ANYONE TO MISS THE CONCERT SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY CAN’T AFFORD TICKETS- please have your student get a ticket voucher from Dr. Bradley if there is a family financial hardship situation- we want EVERYONE to be able to attend!!!