From The Blog
Posts Categorised: News
Congratulations to the following students who have been selected to participate in the annual University of South Florida (Tampa) Festival of Winds Honor Band!
Emily Hayes, Euphonium
Kaitlyn Woolf, Alto Sax
Kalee Paige, Flute/Piccolo
Grace Hugel, Clarinet
Briana Vidal, Flute/Piccolo
Izzy Gasper, Oboe
Adrianna Stephens, Tuba
And to the following students who were selected for the Honors Jazz Ensemble:
Justin Ricketts, Alto Sax
Michael Borntreger, Drums
Parents of these students please contact Dr. Bradley at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP to get more details about the event.
We are so proud of all of our talented band students!!!
Information for Venice Away Game
Who: All Alliance Members
What: Away football game at Venice HS
When: Friday, Oct. 13th
Where: Venice High School
Dress: Full uniform for all members.
Friday, Oct. 13th
3pm– Report to stadium for run-through of show
3:45pm– Approx. end of rehearsal. Front ensemble will load equipment truck at the stadium (This may change if the weather does not cooperate- I will send a remind message if plans change).
5pm- Call Time- prepare for departure (section leaders and Oswald Felix- loading QM will give specific instructions today.
6pm– Load bus
6:15pm– depart for Venice HS
6:50pm– arrive VHS unload and march over to visitor’s stands.
10:30pm– approx. end of game
10:45pm– load bus
11pm– depart for NPHS
11:30pm– arrive NPHS unload- you are dismissed as soon as we arrive, however we need help getting stuff put away!
- YOU are responsible for making sure you have everything for your performance. DO NOT rely on others to do it for you!
- Plan to eat something after rehearsal and/or bring something to eat on the bus. We will still have 3rd quarter break, but best not to count on that as your only meal!
- Venice HS has a band concession stand and usually offers a discount to the visiting band. Please make sure to support the band concession stand and save a little money in the process!
- We REALLY need help putting stuff away when we get home- I know everyone is tired and wants to go home but as many people as possible should stay to help- it will be done very quickly that way!
Information for Saturday 10/14 Lion’s King HS (Tampa) Lion’s Pride Marching Competition
Who: All Corps Members
What: Marching Competition
When: Saturday, Oct. 14th
Where: King HS (Tampa)
Dress: Full Uniform
Saturday, Oct. 14th
1:30pm– Call Time– begin preparations for travel and change into uniform pants for travel. Take the rest of your uniform with you we will finish dressing on the bus right before we get to the Comp. Front Ensemble, Battery Percussion, Field Crew report to bandroom to load truck
****BRING SOMETHING TO EAT ON THE BUS FOR DINNER OR EAT BEFORE YOU LEAVE***
YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO EAT UNTIL AFTER OUR PERFORMANCE (approx. pm) PLAN AHEAD!
2:00pm- Load bus LOADING CREW LOAD FIRST then we will dismiss by class to board.
2:30pm- Depart NPHS for Tampa King HS
4:00pm- Approx. arrival time @King HS- unload, restroom, visual warm-up
6:00pm– Music Warm-up
****NOTE: Students will need to plan on having money enough for snacks at the concession stand****
8:45pm- Awards (time is approximate- might be later)
9:30pm- approx. Load bus, depart for NPHS
11:30pm- Approx. time of arrival @ NPHS- make sure everything is put away and dismiss! Parents should monitor facebook page and Remind for travel time updates.
- Please make sure to make arrangements to eat before you depart. The first opportunity you have to eat is after our performance. Plan on having a snack on the bus on the way up!
- Make sure you have all of your equipment, sticks, mallets, harnesses, etc. for your performance- THIS IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
- YOU ARE EXPECTED TO CONDUCT YOURSELVES LIKE A DRUM CORPS AND HOLD YOURSELF TO A HIGHER STANDARD THAN ANY OTHER BAND THERE BOTH ON AND OFF THE FIELD!!! This includes how you talk about other bands and how you act and behave when you think no one is watching. SHOW YOUR PRIDE!!!
- We will travel in “bibbers” (uniform pants) we will finish dressing when we arrive at the competition site. Colorguard is NOT to change out of uniform on the bus after the performance- you may change in the changing facility at the school.
- If you need to leave from the competition with a parent, I need to know in advance (bring a note) and I need to SEE you go with them.
- Use the restroom BEFORE we warm up!!!
Our goal is to present our best performance. EVERYONE is expected to do your personal best!!
There will be a meeting for parents and students attending the Memphis Liberty Bowl trip on Thursday, October 5th at 6:30pm in the bandroom. There will also be an Executive Board meeting for the BPO at 5:45pm please mark your calendars!
Here is the information I got from SNN today!
Hi Dr. Bradley!
Wanted you to know that the North Port Band of the Week story will debut this Wednesday during the 5 o’clock hour of the show. It’ll likely repeat during the 6 o’clock hour, and then during the evening news (probably 10 and 11). It’ll also air live during the Morning Edition Thursday from 6 – 9am if you want to watch it before going to work; it typically airs once an hour during the Morning Edition, and I’m there to talk about it.
Hope you enjoy!
Marco La Manno
Students signed up to perform in the Liberty Bowl, please see payment schedule below.
Next Payment of $250.00 is due on 10/2/17
Final Payment of $250.00 is due on 11/6/17
If payments are not received on the above due dates the student risks being removed from the roster.
Students must be paid in full with all other outstanding marching fees in order to go on this trip.